Tuesday 25 October 2011

Music Video - Planning

Colour - For our video we want the colours to be dark and mysterious, possibly black and white or low key lighting as this goes along with the lyrics to the song. Also we thought that these colours emulate the genre as hip hop is sometimes seen as a “ghetto lifestyle”.   


Image – Our artist will be wearing urban clothing; such as checked shirts, baggy/loose fitted jeans and trainers. We also thought that if we are filming outside our artist should wear a puffy jacket with a snapback (cap) as the season is autumn. Creating this image relates to our genre as many rappers wear these types of clothing and we thought that our target audience would be attracted to this as many of them dress and will want to aspire to be like our artist.

Characters – for our music video we are concentrating only on our artist. We will not be using no other characters because we feel that if we focus on the artist the audience can familiarise themselves with him as he isn’t well known. The artist will be acting as themselves and will be shown reciting their lyrics with a simple narrative to go along with it.


Now that I am working alone to create a music video my preparation has slightly altered. I want the colour of my music video to be dark as the song carries a sad emotion. So effectively low key lighting would be fitting to portray the feel of the song.  
The image I want my artist to portray is laid back but also stylish. I will create this by dressing my artist in an edgy/hipster way. This includes clothing that is baggy such as oversized jumpers and jackets. Further to make my artist appeal to the target audience I want my artist to wear heels to look more glamorous and to make the audience want to imitate the artist’s style.
For my music video there are two characters, I chose to use two characters because I felt that it would help the narrative of the song. Also many artists similar to mine go according to Goodwin’s theory in terms of videos being narrative based.  


1 comment:

  1. Tennika, your comments support planning of your video but by adding visuals will it not deepen your explanations and illustrate the style and image you are trying to create?

    ReplyDelete