Tuesday 11 October 2011

Mood Board - Album Covers


The mood board below shows how I have developed my previous ideas from my group into my own. Because my artist is now a female who sings soul music I want her to look appealing to the audience but also dark and edgy to relate to the song I have chosen for my artist.
The style of clothing that artists wear from pop and soul music is usually modern and on trend to connect with the audience because this may be how they dress. I want to emulate this but make it slightly more edgy. The jewellery I want my artist to wear looks more edgy than elegant because artists similar to mine usually have their own unique style to others in the industry that follow the conventions of pop. I want my artist to wear heels on the album cover because although she has her unique style she is still mainstream and needs to connect with the audience and appeal to them in order for her to gain recognition.
I want my artist’s hairstyle to be quirky and not perfect looking, this will help to show the individuality of my artist and I also believe that it will draw attention to my artist.
I want my album cover to be set in an open area such as a bridge or in a room. These locations seem more fitting for my artist as other artists similar to mine have done so.


No comments:

Post a Comment